I have to thank to Leenna’s Creative Box for nominating me for this award and thus allowing me to foist myself on eleven unsuspecting bloggers in turn… 🙂
Eleven Random Facts About Myself:
- Would you believe it? I’m unique.
- I blog because it gives me a chance to bore other people with my random thoughts on books.
- I like listening to the rain pattering on the canvas of a tent – from the inside.
- My favourite kind of cake is the one where you stir all the ingredients together and shove it into the oven.
- I’d like to read Ancient Greek fluently and without having to refer to a dictionary!
- I think coming up with eleven random facts without giving away too much about myself is surprisingly hard.
- I will never even try to learn Chinese (too much like hard work).
- I don’t understand why the English drink lukewarm beer.
- The best sport in the world is cricket – don’t argue!
- I love fireworks.
- If this is not bullet point eleven, it means I can’t count.
Eleven Questions, Eleven Answers:
- What was your favourite toy when you were young? A teddy bear who still lives with me. Very originally he goes by the name of – Bear.
- Which band or musician would you recommend to the world? Danny & Dusty.
- What is your all-time favourite TV series? The 2005 Ashes. 🙂
- If you could ban one thing in this world, what would that be? Hatred.
- You have to stay on an island Survivor-style for a whole month. You’re only allowed to take five things with you. What five things (not people) would you take? Having looked up Survivor in Wikipedia and concluded that I wouldn’t get on with the other participants, I’d take: The Histories by Herodotus, The March of the Ten Thousand by Xenophon, War and Peace by Tolstoy, Pigs Have Wings by P.G. Wodehouse and a pair of very solid ear plugs so I could just ignore whatever’s going on there.
- Do you think there are aliens ‘out there’? I rather hope there are and not of the Alien variety, hopefully. 🙂
- Which book do you read when you’re in a ‘there’s nothing to read’ mood? That used to be Pride & Prejudice… Nowadays it’s El capitán Alatriste by Arturo Pérez-Reverte.
- Why did you start blogging? Because my family pulled faces at the dinner table when I shared my clever thoughts on my latest readings with them!
- Which of your posts are you most proud of? That would have to be Hector’s Farewell because – to my enduring surprise – it generated the most responses, likes & reads. But my favourites are Save the Trinidad and Tolstoy, Mario Vargas Llosa, My Grandmother and Me.
- Do people get your sense of humour? What sense of humour?
- If you found Aladdin’s Lamp, what wish would you make? To have all my wishes fulfilled from now on… of course. 🙂
- Text or picture?
- Your motto for life.
- Arts or science?
- The first thing you remember as a child.
- Why do you blog?
- Your blogging resolution for 2016?
- The furthest you’ve ever been from home?
- What was the last book you read?
- Give a piece of advice for other bloggers.
- Have you ever done a reading challenge? If yes, what was it?
- What’s the worst thing you’ve ever done?
Liebster Award Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Display the Liebster Award on your blog.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the Award and have them answer 11 questions.
- Let the other bloggers know you’ve nominated them.
- Copy the rules into your post.