First of all, I’d like to thank Scribbles n’ Smokes for nominating me for this award. I’m always willing to be appreciated. 🙂
My answer to the seven questions she set are:
Cricket or football. And why?
Both! Of course…
Football because where I come from you can still say “that London 6-3” and everyone will know what you’re talking about.
And cricket because Mike Atherton once batted for nearly eleven hours in Johannesburg. But if it wasn’t that, it would have been that spell of Allan Donald at Trent Bridge… Or when Allan Donald dropped his bat and got run out in the world cup semi-final against Australia… Or the Edgbaston test in 2005… Please ask me for more. I’d be only too glad to oblige. 🙂
What are the three things you can’t live without?
My smart phone whose number only my family knows and on which I never make phone calls. Apart from phoning, I live my life on it though. My books. My Kindle.
Share a favourite quote.
Then felt I like some watcher of the skies
When a new planet swims into his ken;
Or like stout Cortez when with eagle eyes
He stared at the Pacific – and all his men
Looked at each other with a wild surmise –
Silent upon a peak in Darien.
(John Keats: On First Looking Into Chapman’s Homer)
What are the top 2 points on your bucket list?
I had to google bucket list to find out what it was… only to realise I haven’t got one. 🙂 I do rather fancy visiting the three cities named Carthage: the ruins of the original in Tunisia, Cartagena in Spain and Cartagena de Indias in Colombia. On a single trip and in chronological order. 🙂
What are you reading/watching these days?
For what I’m reading, see Reading Now. 🙂 Last night I watched Ocho apellidos vascos (Spanish Affair), and laughed a lot.
Fortune or fame?
Fortune. Don’t want to be famous.
The last time you danced or sang to your heart’s content.
This morning I sang along with the radio – taking advantage of the fact that the rest of the family was still asleep. 🙂
My nominees for the next round are:
- Thank and link the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the seven questions the person who nominated you provided.
- Nominate seven other bloggers.
- Create seven new questions for the people you nominate.
- Display the logo somewhere on your blog.
Please answer these questions:
- The last book you read from a foreign author?
- Christmas in Finland or Christmas in Antigua?
- If you could choose where to live (regardless of family, your commitments, etc.) – where would you live?
- Somebody you admire – why?
- What did you do for your last holiday?
- Your favourite book?
- Do you prefer travelling by ship or plane?